skip to Main Content

What Forms of Insurance Normally Pay for Short Term Rehab?

At Hamlin Place skilled nursing facility in Boynton Beach, Florida, we accept Medicare, Humana and Private Pay. We know health insurance can be difficult to understand at times. The billing specialists in our Business Office are available to review your insurance coverage and co-pays with you or your family member or POA, to ensure you know how much your co-pays will be, and when they are due for payment.

Medicare Part A:

Following a minimum mandatory 3 day acute care hospital in-patient qualifying stay, Medicare Part A eligible recipients have up to a 100 day skilled nursing facility benefit period, per spell of illness. The actual number of days that Medicare will cover you depends on a physician’s certification that specifies the medical necessity for you to continue to receive skilled services on a daily basis. Coverage guidelines come from the federal government, and are strictly enforced.

Coverage includes a semi-private room, nursing care, therapy, nutritional meals and snacks, prescribed medications, laboratory and radiology services, activities and social services including discharge planning.

If you have a Medicare supplement insurance policy, such as Blue Cross or AARP, etc., you are required to notify our Business Office and provide us with a copy of your ID cards. Our Billing Specialist will contact their representative to determine if your policy covers the skilled care daily co-pay, and what are the deductibles and limits.

HUMANA (HMO & PPO) Managed Care Medicare Replacement Insurance:

We accept Humana Plans, when physicians pre-authorize coverage for your short term rehabilitation. Your length of stay will depend upon a continuing coverage determination made by a visiting Humana physician. Our Case Manager will assist you in planning your discharge.


Hamlin Place‘s skilled nursing facility in Boynton Beach, FL accepts long term care private pay admissions, or to extend a short term stay, or for Respite Care. Those wishing to apply for admission must verify their ability to meet the financial responsibilities to pay monthly invoices in advance upon admission. Please contact the Admissions Department with any questions.

If you have a long-term care insurance policy, our Business Office can assist you with filing your claims, but your insurance claims department will reimburse you directly. Remember that Hamlin Place requires full payment for each month in advance, not later than the 10th of the month. Any

long term care insurance coverage, limitations, deductibles, and waiting periods, must be verified prior to acceptance.

Back To Top