As one progresses in age, he retreats in seniors health or fitness. Though senior citizens are counseled to stay fit, it is barely the case. Numerous natural transformations occur in the body as it moves towards fragility. For instance, the bones and muscles lose their potential reducing the stamina of the body, the kidneys and other internal organs start malfunctioning, and the vigor of the skin recedes.
But the fact is that seniors health is wealth at every stage of life. It is more crucial when one enters into the senior citizen’s category because there are few caretakers in those times. So, the elderly should concentrate on fitness as much as possible. There are quite a few ways in which the aged can enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
Seniors Health Tips
- Seniors Health Insurance- it is the first and foremost requirement of every senior citizen. Medical insurance is the most generous friend in a time of need. It can provide you and your family the financial aid in the worst times of your life.
But one should be pretty careful in purchasing a health care policy. The plan that facilitates maximum benefits should be taken up.
- Diet and Exercise- the diet of individuals varies with age along with other factors. But at an older age, a person should be extra careful in matters of eating. This is because the antibodies or the immunity system receives a setback at this age, and one becomes more prone to all sorts of illnesses. The diet, therefore, should be thriving in vitamins, minerals, proteins, and carbohydrates. Fats should be strictly avoided as they make one susceptible to numerous diseases, particularly heart problems. There must be an extra intake of calcium to support the diluting bones.
But a rich diet is not enough. Some exercises should be a part of the daily routine at this age. Individuals need to be extra cautious about their limbs’ movements for the natural strength, and the disease-fighting ability of the body keeps on retiring in older ages.
- Those who have a family history of ailments like prostate and colon cancer, the diseases that most likely hit men in fifties and above, should get regular medical check-ups done. They must follow the doctor’s advice and all the injunctions and prohibitions.
- Women are more likely to be affected by breast cancer. They also are vulnerable to other diseases due to menopause. Though the course of destiny can never be averted yet, prevention should never be ignored. There are some medicines that women should take after menopause to minimize the risk factor.
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia are even threatening for women. The former is a fall in certain cognitive brain functions. It is a type of dementia. Dementia impedes an individual’s intellectual functioning and capability to work. These diseases mostly affect women in the sixties and above that. Such women gradually become forgetful and incompetent in doing skillful work.
As soon as some of these symptoms are evident, the doctor should be consulted without delay. Drugs at an early stage might stop the situation from worsening.
- Avoid stress. Stress is as harmful as any other contagious disease. Don’t stoop to drugs, so-called stress busters. Consult a psychiatrist if conditions run out of control.